CentreCyclopediaOld Main

Hillcrest HouseHillcrest House

Standing in front of what is now McReynolds Hall, Hillcrest was originally built as the college refectory. In 1831 it became the home of Centre president John C. Young, and would serve as the home of Centre's presidents until Craik House was purchased in 1937. Hillcrest later served as a faculty and student residence and a classroom building until its demolition in 1969.