CentreCyclopediaOld Main

Nevin HallNevin Hall

Date Built: 1968

Named For: Hugh L. Nevin

Cost: $600,000

Current Use: residence hall

The four-story brick structure opened the fall of 1968 as a men's residence hall, and originally included space for 103 students in fifty double and three single rooms, a lounge study area on each floor, an apartment for the dean of men, and office space for the director of menís residences. The building was named for Hugh L. Nevin. A noted Louisville architect, Nevin served on Centreís board from 1941 to 1958, and was the architect of eight buildings on Centre's campus.